From comics, my 101s are:
- Lots of different fonts on one page. Noisy. Extra aggravation points for multiple fonts in one word balloon.
- Motion lines. Sometimes unavoidable, but mostly just crass. Like sticking on a caption saying, "Look, children! See Ben Grimm clobber the bad man!"
- Talk scenes. Again, sometimes you just have to. But do the work, daddy-o, have something else going on while they gab.
- Big eyes, small mouth. I don't find this cute, I just want to punch their faces to beefsteak.
- Dandy, Beano, Viz - all those Brit comics. Apologies if they're your thing, but to me: wet chalk on a blackboard.
- Solipsistic comics about splitting up with the person who was never quite your girlfriend. This is over. Next.
- Stories about the mutant menace, superhero registration, etc. Metaphors are fine, but they have no power when they're that obvious.
- Wolverine. He's so grumpy. Shoulda been stuffed in a sack and thrown in the river years ago.
Lock me in a room with the above and I’ll say anything to get out. But Room 101 is all about the personal. What are your comic hates?